Thursday 31 May 2007

Free

For once the humans have done something good for me. I tell you, I was starting to get distinctly worried by the female. Every time she picked me up something BAD happened. I'm starting to think that she's a part of IT. She sounds so friendly and has such comfortable shoulders but each time I let down my guard she does something awful to me. She applies creams to really rather private areas or she puts the blue t-shirt on me. I mean, I know "babes dig me", I don't need to be told, you only have to look at me - or, worst of all, she puts on the slave collar. Then, other times, it's into the pink transporter with yours truly and off to the experimenting room. I don't really know what happens in there, all I know is that they have a fetish for my hair; each time I wake up they've shaved some off. I suspect that they're trying to build a clone.

Anyway, for once, the humans have done something nice. They've provided me with a launch pad. I've delicate paws, you know.

Even better, the male took off the slave collar and fed me. Yes. Fed me. Glory be. I was beginning to think that they had forgotten that I actually need food to exist.

Mind you, the woman is mysteriously absent. Perhaps she's communing with the mothership? (No Ash, I did not mention your mother). It means a whole day without creams and pokes and proddings. Heaven.

I could do with a shoulder though. It's quiet around here. Actually when I say "quiet" what I mean is that the male is making that loud noise that he refers to as "music". Heck, I could sing more tunefully than that.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I just found your blog in the strangest way. I went to Google, and was trying to find a catchy photo for "Fine, go to Burning Man, see if I care" to post for some of my friends, who are all going to this big, crazy, awesome art festival for a week in the Nevada desert of America(www.burningman.com). Anyway, I went to the images page, and the pic you've posted of a kitten's face, submerged in white couch came up. Why is that? I have no idea. But I am a tree-hugging dirt worshipper from California, and wanted to say I've wasted the last hour at work of valuable productivity time reading every word of Ash and Desh's. Thank you.
Thank you.
Thank you.
And, I'll be back.

Bruce said...

Hi Karryn, thanks for such a lovely comment. I do know all about the Burning Man festival - a good friend was the state folklorist for a Nevada for a while. As to how on Earth Google managed to suggest a relationship between this blog and that event that's something that only Google knows.

Glad you enjoyed the blog. It's really just a bit of fun for us but it's pleasing to know that once in a while the Internet throws up a random encounter.