Tuesday 24 July 2007

Let it rain

But Mr Desh why do I need to keep chanting? And why do I have to wear feathers?

Look, little Ash, I've told you already. The humans are going on holiday and you know what that means.

Oh, holidays. I don't like holidays. Last time Mr Man and Woman went on holiday they trapped us in a cage all alone. How could they be so cruel? So heartless? It makes me want to cry.

Exactly.

But why have you stuck feathers in the places that I don't like to think about? And why do you keep putting your paw over your mouth.

You need them to summon the rain.

The rain?

Yes, the rain. They're going to the catswolds and if we make it rain there, what will happen?

Um, it'll get wet? Mr Man and Mr Woman will get all damp and miserable just like me when you make me go down the well to look for my mother and then they'll have to come home and I can have stix whenever I want.

Not quite, cat of little brain, but not bad by your standards. If it rains it'll flood and they won't be able to leave and we won't have to go on "holiday" either. No being trapped with fat Hatty and the barkers and no more daytime teevee.

That was horrible wasn't it Mr Desh. Still at least we spent all the time together and we could play pounce whenever I wanted!

Just shut up and keep dancing!

No comments: